Sunday, October 27, 2013

Back again

Its been too long since I posted. But its time to try and get on track. Might take a slightly different direction with some of these posts. May be more recipes. Starting with this one. :) I made these Peanut Butter Bars for Life Group last week. I didn't have many leftovers! Not sure where I got the recipe from, but its a favorite at our house. I stole the picture from my friend, Kathryn.

Peanut Butter Bars
1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 c peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour
1 c quick oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Frosting
1/4 c butter
1/4 c milk
1 c sugar
1/2 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg, peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and add them to the creamed mixture. Mix well. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes (do not overbake!) Cool.

For the frosting, combine the butter, milk and sugar in a sauce pan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips. Cool until thickened. Frost cooled bars.

No comments: