Sunday, February 3, 2008

Rough weekend

Well, I was feeling pretty good until mid morning on Friday. I started getting really bad cramps in my back and alot of tightening in my stomach. We took of for the in-laws anyway so we could be there for Grandpa's visitation at the funeral home that evening. The whole ride there was agony. We even had to stop halfway there (about 25 minutes into a 45 minute drive) so I could get out and stretch and use the bathroom. We got to Prince's parents and he rubbed my back a while. It helped some... but the cramping came back. On our way to the funeral home, I called the birthing center where I plan on having baby. After telling them my symptoms and and asking a few questions, they almost wanted me to come right in! I told them where I was and why and they decided that I should do my best to relax and go lay down as soon as possible. It was probably stress of the weekend causing my issues. So, we went to the funeral home but didn't stay the entire time. Instead we went to our hotel and got to bed early. One thing that the nurses said that have me stressed is that the midwife I attend should have had me see a regular doctor to get me approved to have a vaginal birth after having had a c-section. I haven't had that yet and didn't know it was necessary! Luckily, I see my midwife on Monday and can ask her about that. The nurses says they usually don't want you to have cramping/contractions with c-sections if possible. I can completely understand as miserable as I was feeling.

Well, Saturday I got up feeling much better and had much fewer cramps. Still some tightening of my stomach, but I survived the day. The funeral was very nice and it was fun visiting with all the relatives. We spent most of the day at the church and headed home instead of back to the in-laws. I got another early nights sleep and have been feeling mostly good today. I few spots on my tummy that pull that hadn't pulled before, but otherwise not to bad.

I'm 37 weeks today, and my Princess was born at 37 weeks... so anytime would be good. HOping to get a new picture posted in the next day or two as my tummy is again changing shapes and sizes.

No comments: