Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Freedom!!!

This song just makes me happy! I want to dance and sing and celebrate! Several years ago, I found an online Bible Study at SettingCaptivesFree.com called "The Lord's Table". This study was a biblical approach to weight loss. It showed me how many times I eat too much or for the wrong reasons to try and satisfy the needs of my heart. I did the study, exercised almost daily and ate in a disciplined manner according to their suggested eating schedule. No counting calories. Just healthy choices, small portions, and eating for the right reasons. I lost 25 pounds that time.

But since then I've had 2 babies and struggled with depression as well as developed sleep apnea and frequent back/hip problems.

I'm back at it again. My family has joined the YMCA. I go as often as I can. I've been there as many as 5 days in a single week! From January 2013-January 2014 I lost 15 pounds that I kept off. I'm currently doing "Made To Crave" online Bible Study at  Proverbs31.org.

I still struggle from time to time, but I get my strength in knowing that God is there to pick me up when I can't do it on my own. I have several people who hold me accountable, both locally and on Facebook. I'll reach my goal eventually. I have faith.

1 comment:

~Stacey said...

TY for posting!! Your testimony and post encouraged me to write out my testimony for those doing the "Made to Crave" study. <3 It's soo good to have the HOPE that God can do anything..and we can crave HIM instead of food. <3