Thursday, December 13, 2007

babysitting

I watched my close friend's 1 year old for a few hours today as her daycare had a sick kid. what a change! First of all, it was a little boy (don't have much experience with little boys...) Secondly, for being just over a year old, he certainly wasn't little! DD weighs 26 pounds on a good day... I didn't ask how much Colton is up to, but I swear he has to be atleast 5-10 pounds heavier than she is... and completely solid! He was so much harder to hold and carry than Dinah!

I couldn't get him to take his afternoon nap as he was still unsure about where he was (never been to our house before). So, DD was my helper. she would get his bottle off the table in the kitchen, and his diaper bag. I had him on the living room floor changing his pants, and he was whining and cranky... poor kid! All of a sudden DD just started singing some nonsense song sweetly to him and he just laid there still as can be, watching her. It was so sweet!

I thing she will be a great big sister!

1 comment:

erin said...

What a sweet story.
She sounds like such a dolly.