Saturday, November 2, 2013

I love my husband!!!!

And so it begins... One of the joys with writing a blog is connecting with people who feel encouraged by the things shared. One of the problems with writing a blog is the people who comment and put you down for the things you share. The other day I shared the link to my testimony post on Facebook. There were so many encouraging words from people who cared about me. Then, somebody who knew my hubby and myself back when we first started dating and when we first got married had commented some very mean spirited things. He felt that I was doing a disservice to Galen for sharing when I had actually had his permission to share. He felt I had only shared my testimony to stroke my own ego. I could say more about what he said, but its not worth it.

I feel bad that somebody would misunderstand my testimony and blog to such an extent. I felt I did a good job representing how my past shaped my side of the marriage problems. I thought I made it clear that my dear hubby made changes because he realized how much he was hurting me, not because I was forcing him to cut something out of his life.



I love my husband. He is a wonderful, Godly man. He is a hard worker and a great leader. He is a wonderful provider and an amazing father. He loves me for who I am. He loves me for who I was. I love that he isn't perfect and doesn't expect me to be perfect. I love that he wants me to stay home and focus on being the best wife and mom I can be. I appreciate how he takes care of me when I'm sick, comforts me when I'm sad, and encourages me when I'm stressed. Next to God, he has been such a rock through my struggles with depression and anxiety. He has supported me with my struggle to lose weight.

I'm going to keep writing. I'm going to keep sharing my struggles. I'm going to keep sharing my victories. I'm going to keep sharing what I learn about myself and my marriage. I strongly believe that God has allowed me to go through the things I've gone through to teach me, to teach my family, to teach others... to show there is victory in Him. All relationships are worth the work to make them last. And I'm going to keep working to make our marriage better every day. I want my kids to look at mom and dad, knowing that we love each other, knowing that we fight sometimes but we still love each other. Marriage is about compromise and sacrifice. Marriage is God first, spouse next and kids last. This is me. Take me as I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a positive inspiration to everyone Laura! Keep it up! Glad you aren't letting the negative people affect you in a negative way.
God is doing wonderful things in yours and Galen's life. The enemy sees that and is going to use anything he can against you. Stay positive and keep posting! Don't let the enemy win!

~Stacey said...

Love it that you continuing to share! <3 Don't let anyone stop the message God has called you to share!