Monday, November 4, 2013

Muffins


 
These are a favorite of my family. The ingredients can get a little more spendy, but the result is so yummy and healthy! This can be considered gluten free as there is no flour in it! But as always, check your labels! I don’t remember where I found this recipe.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
½ cup butter or coconut oil
½ c honey
½ c cocoa powder
¾ c peanut butter or almond butter
4 large eggs
½ tsp baking soda
¾ c chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gently melt together butter and honey. Whisk in cocoa powder and peanut butter until smooth. Whisk in eggs and baking soda. Pour into lined or greased muffin tin. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until done. Yields 12 muffins. Note: I used coconut oil and peanut butter and they were moist and cakey.

~*~*~*~

This was another one that made my kids happy. J This one isn’t as healthy but is supper good. I got this one at www.thehappyhousewife.com. She always has some wonderful recipes that are really easy to make.

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Muffins
1 ¾ cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 egg
¾ c milk
¼ c canola oil (or applesauce)
Brown sugar
Cinnamon

Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg milk and oil. Mix together. Fill muffin cups ¼ full with batter. Add a pinch of brown sugar (or a little more). Cover the brown sugar with additional batter. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve. Note: I used some wheat flour with white flour. I did use the applesauce. I also doubled the recipe.

No comments: