Monday, October 29, 2007

Can't sleep

Its 4:30 in the morning. I am wide awake. I've been awake for an hour! I even took Tylonal PM last night to help me sleep. So much for drugs! DD has been so naughty the past couple days. I wonder if I'm failing as a parent. I wonder how much is being 2-1/2 and how much is because she misses her daddy. He has been gone almost 1-1/2 weeks... the longest period yet... and we don't go to New York until Thursday. (2 weeks since she saw him last). We'll be with him about 4 days and then come home and wait another 4 days for him to come home. I'm so lonely without him. I worry my depression is coming back. I know I'm not eating healthy or good and I'm scared all this combined with stress is going to hurt the baby. I have to reschedule my next doctor appointment. Its currently scheduled for the 5th, but I don't get back until 10pm that night. I wish I could sleep. I wish DD would listen to me better. I wish DH were home...

2 comments:

Shel said...

Hi!

I've been reading your blogs. Congratulations on your new baby. What a gift!

Do you have someone you can really talk to? I'd love to be a friend to help you through this... I know what it's like to raise a toddler, be pregnant, be a stay-at-home mom instead of having a fancy career, be sad about old relationships, pretty much everything you are going through. I know what it feels like to be disappointed with where I was at and what was going on.

Please feel free to email me outside of this forum at chasing.a.rainbeau@gmail.com

I know it seems odd that a total stranger would comment out of the blue, but perhaps this is what you needed...

erin said...

Hang in there, sweetie pie. Can you and Dinah plan something special for when Dad gets home? A special meal or activity that you can both look forward to?
I'm thinking and praying for you.