Sunday, October 7, 2007

Married Life

Being married can be so hard. Even after 5-1/2 years, you would think things would be getting easier, but I'm still learning who my hubby is and what he needs. If you've ever read "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman, one of my primary languages is quality time and DH's is Physical touch. Because of past abuses by other boyfriends in my life, I have a difficult time with the whole physical touch thing. And DH doesn't enjoy doing most of the things that I want to do which would qualify as quality time in my book. We are both hurting because needs aren't being met. How long does it take to change the mind, body and soul's reaction to physical touch when the one touching is touching out of love and desire and not some type of abuse? How can somebody change the way they think about what qualifies as quality time in one persons book and enduring that out of love instead of resenting that loss of personal free time (ei: he hates movies and would rather be doing something alone than sit through a movie with me).

No comments: