Sunday, October 21, 2007

Very sad this morning

Well, I went to the Women of Faith conference in St. Paul over the weekend. It was truly awesome and I'll share more about it later.

I got up this morning to check my email and ask my boss to send me the amounts she spent over the weekend so I can make sure she had money in the account. What I found floored me! It was a long email from my boss taking away every responsibility I had and giving me some menial task if I wanted instead... saying she would accept my resignation if that is what I chose! This from a professing "Christian" woman who claims to listen strongly to God's voice. Not saying I was perfect at my job, but she gave me the responsibility of paying her bills and making sure there was money in the account (she is an impulse/emotional shopper). She wanted to be able to call me before spending money to verify the money was there. She kept telling me how thankful she was for the boundaries we set together. She has always bucked my suggestions and I guess finally got tired of me trying to save her money and keep her out of debt. She wanted to be able to spend when and how she wants. I fear for her and her family as well as her business. If they keep on the path they are on I see bankruptcy looming on the horizon.

Well, I lost my job (not that it paid much) and who knows if I lost a friend through this mess...

No comments: